Facts About Exercise
What do you know about physiology and exercise? Here are a few facts:
• On average, every minute you walk extends your life by one and a half to two minutes.
• The health benefits of bicycling are 20 times greater than the safety risks.
• You can burn as many as 1,000 calories in an hour-long Zumba® class if you really move to the music and get your heart pumping.
• Free weights build muscle mass faster than weight machines, because your muscles must balance free weights on their own, without assistance from a machine.
• People who regularly exercise have a better chance of fighting off illnesses and infections than those that are sedentary. Exercise has been shown to boost the immune system.
• Approximately 60 percent of the U.S. population does not exercise regularly.
• Children need at least one hour of exercise daily.