How to Keep a Healthy Digestive System
Your body needs a balanced diet of carbohydrates, proteins, fats,
and minerals in order to stay strong and healthy.
• Carbohydrates come from starchy vegetables, fruit, bread, pasta,
cereal, and desserts.
• Proteins are in meat, chicken, fish, beans, and vegetables.
• Fats are found in meat, milk, butter, vegetable oils, fruits, and
• Vitamins come from fruits and vegetables.
• Minerals are found in many foods including fruits, vegetables, fish and meat.
A well-rounded diet is key; an all-fat or all-carbohydrate diet is not healthy, but neither is a no-fat or no-carbohydrate diet. Make sure to include a source of fiber in your diet, which can be found in whole grains and vegetables. Fiber makes the consistency of the feces easier to pass out of your system and helps you go to the bathroom on a regular schedule.