Facts About the Reproductive System
• Pheromones are airborne hormones that can cause you to be
attracted to some people and not others. Pheromones are the
cause of women cycling together when they live in close
situations (such as dormitories).
• Studies have shown that humans are attracted to pheromones
from people who are genetically dissimilar.
• Each day a healthy male produces about 300,000,000 sperm,
which are the reproductive cells in males.
• Each sperm cell is less than 0.04 inches in length.
• A woman’s reproductive cells, called eggs, are the largest cells in a woman’s body.
• The diameter of an egg is 50 times the size of a sperm cell.