Facts About the Skeletal System
• There are 206 bones in an adult person.
• Bones are not merely supportive - they are highly productive
machines churning out components for your blood.
• The smallest bone in your body is the stapes bone, which is
located in your ear. Without it, you could not hear!
• The main place calcium is stored in your body is in your bones.
A typical adult has approximately 2.4 pounds of calcium in their
• Bones are about 50% water.
• Your body needs sunlight to make vitamin D, which helps make bones.